“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
I was nominated by Anisha, a wonderful blogger who may very well be my long lost soul sister in writing. I thoroughly enjoyed her piece ‘The Scent of a Woman.’ Unexpected ending and beautiful prose. She describes herself as a “new blogger,” but her writing is that of an old and wise soul. Check her out and follow her.
3 Facts About Me
- I am a fierce advocate for human, civil, and women’s rights.
- I am a lover of love, beauty, femininity, and sensuality.
- I am an unstructured, fluid, spiritual being, and a Type-A professional.
My best post so far: What Am I If Not a Woman? is a post that has reached the most people, and touched many hearts.
- Animode Empire – my brother and motivator’s blog is inspiring for all.
- An Armchair Academic – this is one of the first blogs I have ever followed and I still love it. Keep on writing!
- unbolt – Love the style of writing
- Charlottesville Winter – Absolutely beautiful poetry
- Behold the Beauty – From one beauty lover to another
- Lucid Gypsy – Your energy bursts from the screen
- Poems and Petals – small poems to truly move and astound
- Rambles of a PA Student – always enthusiastic and provides wonderful feedback
- Larry Teaches School – always creates Laugh out Loud posts
- Geek Mountain State – from one Vermont Geek to another 😉
Anisha’s Questions for the nominees:
- The place where you would travel back in time to? (weird)
I would travel to the late 19th century, preferably England but Manhattan is acceptable. I love the language, fashion, and scandalous zeal of the women in the 1890’s. Women were fighting for the right to vote; were publishing books in their own name; were working in men’s professions. It is one of the most fascinating time periods for me, and I love reading historical fiction in this time period.
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself?
If I had to change anything about myself, it would be to feel more secure and confident in myself and my decisions. I do a lot for others because I love it, but I rarely do anything for myself.
- One thing you would want to do right now!
I want to spend as much time with my love before he leaves for a business trip for three and a half days.
- The last time you cried and why
Music – music always has the ability to move me to tears. It touches that fundamental part of my being. Music is what connected me to my writing, what got me through primary/secondary school, and what moves me to immense joy today.
- The one thing that makes you smile
Many things make me smile, but above all else it is love.
Sarah’s questions for nominees:
- Why do you write?
- What inspired you to start writing in a public forum such as blogging?
- What does receiving a blogging award mean to you?
- Would you be willing to partner with Feminine Vestige for featured guest blogging?
- What would you see when you look into the Mirror of Erised? (odd question)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
I have never been nominated for a blogging award – and then today I was nominated for two. I feel honored that my words have been able to reach people and touch them on such a fundamental and deep level. Poetry and poetic prose have always been my easiest outlet for writing – and I love that WordPress has been able to provide such an easy format to share my writing with others. What a wonderful, unique, and loving community. *raises electronic glass* here is to more future prompts, more inspired posts, more discovered bloggers, and a lot of appreciation for the art that is creative words *gulp*